Bridgit is looking for an experienced backend developer to join our talented team. You’ll help plan and build robust systems that scale and, most importantly, make our customers happy. We’ve had great success with our construction app, Bridgit Closeout, and we’re ready to add some finishing touches before building something new. As an experienced developer, you’ll round out a team to help design, experiment, test, build, and support our current app (and whatever comes next!).
Our existing app runs on Rails. If you’ve got some experience with that, great—but a willingness to learn and experience with backend technologies is all you need. We’re already building new services and tools in other languages and frameworks.
We work as an integrated product-development team. Designers, developers, and testers all work together with no silos or artificial barriers. We work in iterative sprints and spend a lot of time ensuring the team understands the why of any work they’re doing in addition to the what.
- ‘Tune in Tuesdays’: once a week, the team works from wherever they feel most productive, and meetings are banned
- Short summer hours: in the summer months, work ends on Friday at noon
- Weekly socials: we kick off the weekend with company-wide socials Fridays at 4pm
- Unlimited vacation: you read that right
Here at Bridgit we use Macs and we run our systems on Linux. Quite a few of us use Windows at home and feel no shame about it. If you have a strong preference for a specific OS that’ll make you happy and productive; we’re open to that. We’re happily 100% cloud-hosted with nothing on-prem, and nothing in a co-lo. We’re going to keep it that way but how, where, and what are open for discussion.
- Experience building quality software with deep knowledge of one or more OOP languages
- A desire to teach and learn from your peers
- Experience developing and shipping SaaS (or a strong desire to do so)
- Experience developing and debugging software that employs multithreading, caching, and persistent data stores
- You can explain what SOLID stands for and why the concepts are important (in your own words… Googling for a refresher of the acronym is 👍)
- A desire to stay up to date on current technologies and development methods
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or ample practical experience
We recognize many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. Creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success and if you’re not sure you meet every qualification but you’re excited about the role and where we’re going, please apply.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Valerie Scharrer, Operations Manager.