Bridgit is looking for an iOS developer to join our talented team. You’ll help build and maintain our iOS projects and, most importantly, make our customers happy. We’ve had great success with our construction app and we’re adding some finishing touches before building something new. As a junior developer, you’ll partner with our iOS lead and round out a team to help design, experiment, test, build, and support our current app (and whatever comes next!).
We work as an integrated product-development team. Designers, developers, and testers all work together with no silos or artificial barriers. We work in iterative sprints and spend a lot of time ensuring the team understands the why of any work they’re doing in addition to the what.
- ‘Focus Day’: once a week, the team works from wherever they feel most productive, and meetings are banned
- Short summer hours: in the summer months, work ends on Friday at noon
- Weekly socials: we kick off the weekend with company-wide socials Fridays at 4pm
- Unlimited vacation: you read that right
Here at Bridgit we use Macs and we run our systems on Linux. Quite a few of us use Windows at home and feel no shame about it. We’d normally say you’re free to choose your OS, but as an iOS developer… you’re getting a Mac. We’re happily 100% cloud-hosted with nothing on-prem, and nothing in a co-lo. We’re going to keep it that way but how, where, and what are open for discussion.
- Some experience building iOS applications with Swift 3.0+ and a basic understanding of Objective-C
- Experience managing source code with git
- A desire to learn and grow with your peers
- Some experience developing and shipping SaaS (or a strong desire to do so)
- Some experience developing and debugging software that employs multithreading, caching, and persistent data stores
- A desire to stay up to date on current technologies and development methods
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or ample practical experience
We recognize many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. Creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success and if you’re not sure you meet every qualification but you’re excited about the role and where we’re going, please apply.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to the attention of Valerie Scharrer, Operations Manager.