Bridgit develops cloud-based applications for the construction industry. We are passionate about creating products that solve real pain and make our customers and their workforce productive and happy.
Bridgit Closeout replaces the existing manual data entry and paper-based process for tracking construction site deficiencies. Basically, it’s bug tracking for the construction industry. Thousands of real estate developers, general contractors, foremen, and trade workers rely on Bridgit every day to get their work done on time and on budget.
Our innovative mobile and web platform was created after more than a year of intensive customer research on construction sites, learning our customers’ pain points in person. Customer research and product experimentation are the foundation of Bridgit’s product processes. Today, our platform is used to complete Commercial and Residential construction projects across North America.
We’re hiring a developer with some experience writing Android applications. Reporting to the Director of Development, and working under the supervision of our existing Android expert, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining our Android native application. We’re looking for someone who wants to specialize and spend the next few years learning and growing in a cross-functional agile development team. This is an entry level position and new grads are welcome.
Our ideal candidate:
– 1-2 years of experience with Java (we use Java 8)
– Demonstrated ability to write clean, well performing Java
– Experience with the Android SDK and APIs
– Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
– Effective verbal and written communication skills
– Familiarity with automated testing practices and willingness to learn, maintain, and improve unit test suite
– Willingness to fail gracefully and learn from mistakes
Tools we use:
– Android Studio