Bridgit is looking for a testing specialist to join our talented team. You’ll take part in day-to-day testing activities for our web, Android, and iOS applications. You’ll focus on identifying problems and risks in our software, using regular testing and risk analysis efforts. As a testing specialist, it’s also your responsibility to effectively communicate the issues you uncover, so the team can address them in the best way possible. If all this is new to you, don’t worry—our team will help you learn and develop in the role.
We work as an integrated product-development team. Designers, developers, and testers all work together with no silos or artificial barriers.The team is agile, working in iterative sprints that help us understand what work we should be doing and (more importantly) why we’re doing it.
- ‘Focus day’: once a week, the team works from wherever they feel most productive, and meetings are banned
- Short summer hours: in the summer months, work ends on Friday at noon
- Weekly socials: we kick off the weekend with company-wide socials Fridays at 4pm
- Unlimited vacation: you read that right
Here at Bridgit we use Macs and we run our systems on Linux. Quite a few of us use Windows at home and feel no shame about it. If you have a strong preference for a specific OS that’ll make you happy and productive; we’re open to that.
- Strong time management skills
- Comfort working within a diverse and diversely skilled team
- Comfortable with basic scripting, SQL, or web (HTML5 / JS / CSS)
- Driven to build and share domain and subject knowledge through collaboration
- Strong technical knowledge
- A love of problem solving and developing your personal skills
Bonus points if…
- You have prior software testing experience (up to 3 years, not required)
- You are able to read code and debug logs
- You’re familiar with agile methodologies
- You’re familiar with exploratory, session based, and black box testing
- You have knowledge about SAAS testing and tools
- You’ve used, or have some knowledge of mobile native app testing and tools
We recognize many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. Creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success and if you’re not sure you meet every qualification but you’re excited about the role and where we’re going, please apply.
To apply, please provide:
- 1-2 page resume outlining your background and skills
- Brief cover letter that explains your interest in the position
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to the attention of Valerie Scharrer, Operations Manager.