Bridgit is looking for a testing specialist to join our talented, cross-functional team. You’ll be responsible for day-to-day testing of our product—from design to implementation, release, and production use. As a testing specialist, you’ll drive Bridgit’s test creation strategy and risk analysis efforts to identify problems and risks in our software. You’ll be expected to effectively communicate those findings with the appropriate stakeholders, and collaborate with product and development to solve them.
We work as an integrated product-development team. Designers, developers, and testers all work together with no silos or artificial barriers.The team is agile, working in iterative sprints that help us understand what work we should be doing and (more importantly) why we’re doing it.
- ‘Focus day’: once a week, the team works from wherever they feel most productive, and meetings are banned
- Short summer hours: in the summer months, work ends on Friday at noon
- Weekly socials: we kick off the weekend with company-wide socials Fridays at 4pm
- Unlimited vacation: you read that right
Here at Bridgit we use Macs and we run our systems on Linux. Quite a few of us use Windows at home and feel no shame about it. If you have a strong preference for a specific OS that’ll make you happy and productive; we’re open to that.
- Demonstrated skill as an exploratory tester, underpinned by context driven testing methods
- Experience utilizing heuristics and personas to drive testing strategies
- Comfortable with basic scripting, SQL, and web (HTML5 / JS / CSS)
- Driven to build and share domain and subject knowledge through extensive collaboration
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Experience in SAAS testing tools
- Experience with native mobile application testing
- Comfortable working closely with product to identify high-value or high-risk functionality and assist with the triage process
- Knowledge or experience with one or more of the following testing activities: load testing, performance testing, security and penetration testing, accessibility, user experience, data integrity
- Strong technical knowledge
- A love of problem solving and developing your personal skills
Bonus points if…
- You’ve used Jira administration and reporting
- You’re able to read code and debug logs
- You’re active in the software testing community
We recognize many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. Creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success and if you’re not sure you meet every qualification but you’re excited about the role and where we’re going, please apply.
To apply, please provide:
- 1-2 page resume outlining your background and skills
- Brief cover letter that explains your interest in the position
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to the attention of Valerie Scharrer, Operations Manager.