CURRENCY DATE: MAY 12, 2013
At Bridgit Inc. (“Bridgit”, “we”, “our” and “us”) we are committed to protecting your privacy, and support a general policy of openness about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
What Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we may collect in the course of you accessing or using the Website or the Services (including through your initial registration for a subscription account and the subsequent administration of that account) may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact information (such as name, address, postal code, e-mail address and telephone number in a business and non-business capacity);
- Mobile device identifying information (such as the unique device identifier (UDID) and MAC address of your mobile device);
- Location information for your mobile device (such as GPS location coordinates) when you are using our Services;
- Financial and billing information (such as credit card number/expiration date and credit history);
- Information about work-related injuries and occupational health and safety;
- Demographic information (such as age, education, occupation) and information about individual preferences; and
- Personal information, including the information you may transmit to us or authorize us to obtain from you or a third party in connection with the Services (“Customer Data”)
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Verify the identity of authorized users of the Services and their activities in connection with the Services, including to provide auditability of, and help establish the integrity of the information transmitted to or stored on the Services and prevent unauthorized access;
- Provide you with personalized Services, a personalized experience on our Website and interactive communication;
- Provide timely and reliable Services;
- Do all the things necessary to administer those Services and the Website;
- Research, develop, manage, protect and improve those Services and the Website;
- Advise you about new products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you;
- Bill for our Services; and
- Collect outstanding debts.
Bridgit may also collect and store information about you from our server logs. These logs may include information such as your mobile device UDID, MAC address and GPS geo-location data, information about your Internet service provider and mobile device carrier, Internet Protocol address, browser details, the date and time of your request and certain information about your usage of our Website and Services. Bridgit and our service providers may use aggregate log data to improve and develop the functionality of our Website and Services.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
Except with your consent, we will not sell, license, trade or rent your personal information to or with others.
Bridgit reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
Bridgit also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Bridgit or of any of the business or assets or shares of Bridgit or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
Knowledge and Consent
Bridgit collects personal information about you, from you, or from third parties you authorize us to collect such information from, only when you voluntarily provide it or authorize us to collect it. Typically, we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when we want to use information for a purpose not previously identified).
The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations of the individual in the circumstances.
We will not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
Use or Disclosure for Marketing Purposes
If you have not opted out of receiving marketing materials, we may also use (but will not disclose) your personal information to promote and market additional goods, services and special offers from us, including by means of direct marketing.
You can choose not to allow us to use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes by indicating your preference by contacting us as outlined below (see “Contacting Us”).
When you visit our website, we place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on your web browser and later retrieve. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookies. Some browsers can be set to reject all cookies. If you choose to modify your browser in this manner, some pages of this website may not function properly.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Bridgit makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected in the course of you accessing or using the Website or the Services is protected against loss, theft and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. Access to such personal information is restricted to selected employees or representatives.
Links to Third Party Sites
Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
Bridgit retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
Correcting or Updating Your Information
Attention: Lauren Hasegawa, Privacy Officer